Vale of Clwyd Bonsai Society

Vale of Clwyd Bonsai are a group of enthusiasts who meet to work on all things Bonsai related.
You'll find us approachable and full of fun, always keen to talk Bonsai and willing to assist/encourage you in this absorbing pastime.

Venue: Level Road Community Centre. Hawarden, CH5 3 SB

Saturday 15 June 2013

Best Of British 2013

I went to Gardeners World Live on Wednesday and I have to say it was flipping brilliant. The trees were fantastic. I went a bit mad and took loads of photos some of which maybe a bitshaky, but they should be on the blog/facebook soon. I spoke to some lovely people on the stands who were passionate about bonsai and it was great to to talk about the trees and the techniques used and also some of the funny stories in the making or destroying of them.
 
There were also some great displays from other bonsai, orchids, cactus and carnivorous plant groups. I bought one carnivorous plant to possible use as an accent as well as a couple more trees. Stef was less than impressed asking that same question I've heard many times before 'where are they going to go??' My only saving grace was that they were both small.
 
The next meeting is at Green Dragon on July 14th. It'll be the last one there, so lets make it a good one and continue that way for the future.

Heres a link to my photographs:

Thanks
Ophelia

No comments: