Vale of Clwyd Bonsai Society

Vale of Clwyd Bonsai are a group of enthusiasts who meet to work on all things Bonsai related.
You'll find us approachable and full of fun, always keen to talk Bonsai and willing to assist/encourage you in this absorbing pastime.

Venue: Level Road Community Centre. Hawarden, CH5 3 SB

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Wirral Bonsai Society Show 2012

This weekend saw the return or the Wirrals prestigious Bonsai show at Gordale garden centre. It didn't disappoint. There were quality trees from members.
Sunday brought the attention of many public visitors who were introduced to a northwest bonsai character, Mr Tony Tickle. Bringing not only wisdom but the Bonsai New Talent heat for the northwest, with which I was persuaded to enter.
3 hrs to work on raw material. Lots of pressure. Made it out the other side with a reasonable tree, but MikeyP Tony's student styled a first class tree, winning the heat. I was just made up one of he Wirral clan bought my the tree I'd worked on!!

Thanks Wirral for a great day!!!
BryanD

MikeyP winning tree...

1 comment:

thelad said...

Hi Bryan

I am pleased that enter the Heat for the Bonsai Northwest Talent Competition and Congratulation for being first runner up

it was good to see you ,Kev B and sorry I missed chatting to Marcus he seemed to vanished when I went look for him

take care

jim thelad